The most frequently-used path to search for course information is through the institution’s specific data set. Use the dropdown list to select from the available data sets. Once you choose the one you would like to open, click the Select button to open the selected data set.
- Select a year from the data set drop down menu to enter the institution’s course database.
- Once the data set is selected, the course descriptions will be limited to that catalog year. If you see the Adobe icon at the top of the page, you can access the institution’s PDF catalog for the selected catalog year. There is a section on the page that allows you to search the data set by course code or title. There is also a Department dropdown list that allows you to display all the courses in a selected department.
- The SEARCH DATA SET: section allows you to search for a course by COURSE CODE or by COURSE TITLE, previously described here. In this case, the results will be limited to the instance of the course that exists in the selected data set.
- The SELECT DEPARTMENT: dropdown list allows you to see all the courses within the selected department within the selected data set.
- You can view course descriptions using the checkbox next ot the courses in the list. For example, if we select the CHEMISTRY DEPARTMENT and then check the CHEM 121A and CHEM 121L checkboxes, and then click the VIEW button, both course descriptions will display.
The display lists information about the courses provided from the institution’s catalog. This includes the description, units/credits, prerequisites, co-requisites and any information that the institution has listed in their catalog for this course. It could also include Course Tags and/or Course Outlines (click here to learn more about Course Tags and Outlines).
Additional icons now display.
E-mail the information to someone by clicking on the envelope/e-mail icon (). Enter the recipient e-mail address, subject, and elect to send yourself a copy. The person it is sent to will respond by e-mail, not through TES. Use this option to send the information to a student, etc. The course description(s) are cut and pasted into the E-mail automatically. You may customize this E-mail.
Print the information by using the printer icon ().
Use the top footprints icon () to create an evaluation task for all of the courses selected, using the Evaluation Tracker Workflow.
Use the puzzle piece icon () to search for and/or create an equivalency for the selected course(s), using the Equivalency Manager.
EQUIVALENCY HISTORY will show you at-a-glance if there are any currently defined equivalencies to the course(s) stored in TES.
EVALUATION HISTORY will show you at-a-glance if there have ever been any evaluations of the course(s) sent through the Evaluation Tracker Workflow in TES.