Do you need someone to review a course or a proposed equivalency? Use the evaluation tracker icon () to route the course(s) out for approval. The Evaluation Tracker Workflow allows you to route transfer courses or potential equivalencies out to designated evaluators for review. All of the steps in the workflow are documented, as well, so this can replace your paper or e-mail trails for your equivalency evaluation process (whether you elect to store your equivalencies in TES or not).
Create an Evaluation Task
- Select the incoming course(s).
- Click on the Evaluation Tracker icon.
- Select the appropriate data set for your institution, select the department, and proposed equivalent select the course(s).
- Click the Preview button to add the details to the Evaluation Task.
- Assign the Evaluation Task to an evaluator.
- If you want the evaluator to receive an e-mail alert, make sure the checkbox is checked.
- Add any comments that are appropriate/necessary.
- Add any Support Files that are appropriate/necessary.
- Click the Create Evaluation Task button to send the equivalency to the evaluator.
- Once the evaluation task is completed and assigned to the evaluator, you have five navigation buttons to choose from to continue to set up evaluations, work with them, or create new equivalencies.
- Click the New Course button to select a new course from the same institution, data set, and department (Course Finder 3).
- Click the New Institution button to select a new institution (Course Finder 1)
- Click the My Queue button to navigate to your My Evaluations queue (My Evaluations - Assigned to me).
- Click the New Evaluation button to create a new evaluation task for a course coming from the same institution, data set, and department to the same data set and department from your institution (Add Evaluation Task 1). Of course, you can also change either or both data sets and either or both departments.
- Click the New Equivalency button to create a new Equivalency to a course coming from the same institution, data set, and department to the same data set and department from your institution (Equivalency Manager). Of course, you can also change either or both data sets and either or both departments.
What will the Evaluator See?
- The evaluator will sign in and open their My Evaluations queue.
- The evaluator clicks on the institution.
- They then click on the evaluation task to open it.
- They can then select from the list of Actions.
- They can Approve the proposed equivalency.
- They can Deny the proposed equivalency (Subject, Level, Lab, Sequence, or for their own reason).
- They can request more information.
- They can re-assign the task to another evaluator (for example if it was sent to the wrong department, or if you have a routing process where the initial request is sent to an evaluator who then needs to send it to the Chair or the Dean).
- They can also Add/Edit the selected target course(s) if they need to change the equivalency before approving it.
- Once they approve it, they can send comments and/or an e-mail alert.
- The approved evaluation task returns to the creator's queue where the Evaluation Task can be closed (if your institution is only using the Evaluation Tracker), or an equivalency can be created and the evaluation task closed (if your institution is both using the Evaluation Tracker and storing equivalencies in TES).
- The Evaluation Log tracks every step through the process and is available to anyone with the Equivalency Manager user right so that the process can be reviewed whenever necessary.