Do you need another TES User on your campus to determine if the course(s) should transfer? The footsteps icon representing the Evaluation Tracker () is used to route the evaluation task to an evaluator for evaluation.
Create the Evaluation Task
Use the icon to include all the selected courses. In this example, we want two courses (a lab and a lecture) to be routed together.
- Select the courses from the Institution, data set, and department.
- Click View.
- Click the evaluation tracker icon.
- This sets up an evaluation task to be routed out for the determination of the equivalency for these courses. No course has been selected from the Home Institution (your institution) in this example.
If an evaluation request already exists, you will see that in the Course Finder 4 screen. Click the arrow next to an existing evaluation to view the details:
We do not recommend that you send a duplicate evaluation task (if there is a pending - open - evaluation). Instead, we recommend that you send an E-mail Reminder to the evaluators reminding them an evaluation task exists and to go in and review them. If you simply wish to review a new course(s) or re-review course(s), please feel free to proceed.
- Returning to the Evaluation task:
This is a Single Mode entry example. For a Batch Mode example, please click here.
You may select additional courses from either side of the proposed equivalency. In this example, we will be sending the courses themselves, without proposing an equivalency to any of our courses.
Click the Preview button.
If you check the SEND E-MAIL ALERT? checkbox, an e-mail message will be sent to the evaluator, letting them know they have a pending evaluation. Remove the check mark if you don’t wish to send the E-mail Alert. Make sure that all reviewers have firstname.lastname@example.org designated as a safe sender so that the e-mail doesn’t go into their Spam/Junk folder.
Add COMMENTS if you wish to provide direction, clarification, or reminders for the evaluator to consider while evaluating the course(s).
You may also add SUPPORT FILES if you need to attach a Course Outline, Writing Sample, or some other document to help the evaluator determine an equivalency.
Click the Create Evaluation Task button to create the task.
- Once the evaluation task is completed and assigned to the evaluator, you have five navigation buttons to choose from to continue to set up evaluations, work with them, or create new equivalencies.
- Click the New Course button to select a new course from the same institution, data set, and department (Course Finder 3).
- Click the New Institution button to select a new institution (Course Finder 1)
- Click the My Queue button to navigate to your My Evaluations queue (My Evaluations - Assigned to me).
- Click the New Evaluation button to create a new evaluation task for a course coming from the same institution, data set, and department to the same data set and department from your institution (Add Evaluation Task 1). Of course, you can also change either or both data sets and either or both departments.
- Click the New Equivalency button to create a new Equivalency to a course coming from the same institution, data set, and department to the same data set and department from your institution (Equivalency Manager). Of course, you can also change either or both data sets and either or both departments.
What will the Evaluator See?
- The evaluator will sign in and open their My Evaluations queue.
- The evaluator clicks on the institution.
- They then click on the evaluation task to open it.
- In this example, since we just sent courses without proposing an equivalency, the evaluator would select the equivalent course(s).
- They can then select from the list of Actions.
- They can Approve the proposed equivalency.
- They can Deny the proposed equivalency (Subject, Level, Lab, Sequence, or for their own reason).
- They can request more information.
- They can re-assign the task to another evaluator (for example if it was sent to the wrong department, or if you have a routing process where the initial request is sent to an evaluator who then needs to send it to the Chair or the Dean).
- They can also Add/Edit the selected target course(s) if they need to change the equivalency before approving it.
- If they have a Support File they would like to add, they can do so here, as well.
- Once they approve it, they can send comments and/or an e-mail alert.
- Select Approve
- They can add comments to pass along to the Evaluation Task Creator
- The approved evaluation task returns to the creator's queue where the Evaluation Task can be closed (if your institution is only using the Evaluation Tracker), or an equivalency can be created and the evaluation task closed (if your institution is both using the Evaluation Tracker and storing equivalencies in TES).
- Creating the Equivalency from the approved evaluation task.
- The Evaluation Log tracks every step through the process and is available to anyone with the Equivalency Manager user right so that the process can be reviewed whenever necessary.