Having trouble locating the equivalent course in your catalog? Maybe you are new to the equivalency manager function, or perhaps you are looking at a course from another institution that you just don't see everyday! Use the SEARCH FOR EQUIVALENT COURSE? feature to assist with locating a possible equivalency from your institution’s catalog.
- Select the course from the appropriate data set for the incoming institution.
- Click the SEARCH FOR EQUIVALENT COURSE? icon.
- The Course Equivalency Search page appears. Enter the keyword(s) that you want to search for and then select the appropriate radio button - Course Code, Title, or Description - for your search. Click the Search button, and a list of results will display that meet your parameters.
You can also search by keyword if you move forward into the equivalency or the evaluation task:
- Select the incoming course.
- Click either the puzzle piece icon to create an equivalency or the footprints icon to create an evaluation task.
- Click the Search button to search by keyword(s).
- Select the appropriate radio button and enter your keyword(s).
- Click the Search button.
- Search the list of results for the course you think is the best match.
- Searching for keywords in the Title vs. in the Description will (many times) produce different results.
- Select the target course(s) you want and proceed to create the equivalency or to create an evaluation task.