You will create your equivalency at the ADD EQUIVALENCY screen. This screen allows you to establish/edit the header information for the equivalency, and then create it in TES.
- Effective Date Range: (Optional) Add a date range for the equivalency (or leave these dates blank). The first year the course appeared in a catalog from the transfer school will be inserted as a default begin date. You can elect to remove the default date if you don’t want it.
- Effective dates “limit” an equivalency. When you set an effective begin date, the equivalency will be “inactive” for transfer courses earlier than the begin date. If you leave the begin date blank, the equivalency is considered “active” from the “beginning of time”.
- When you set an effective end date, the equivalency will be inactive for transfer courses following the end date. If you leave an end date blank, your equivalency is effectively active until the “end of time”.
- Most users choose an effective begin date based on one of three factors: a) the first year of accreditation (from whatever accreditation bodies you choose to recognize), b) the first year a course appeared in a catalog from the other school (look for the “version history” fields shown for each course), or c) the date the equivalency was created. We have chosen b) as the default value to try and save users some data entry.
- Public View Hide?: (Optional) Checking this checkbox allows you to elect to hide this equivalency from the Public View and from individuals with view-only TES access. It will not display on your website, even if you have enabled the Public View.1
- You might hide an equivalency for any number of reasons. For example, perhaps you have created the equivalency for a single student, maybe the academic department only assigns the equivalency to certain students after a case-by-case review, or any other number of reasons.
- Public Note: (Optional) Add any information that you would like to publicly display when this equivalency is viewed in the Public View and when authorized staff look at it.
- Internal Note: (Optional) Add any information that you would like to be available to authorized staff only. These notes will be hidden from the Public View.
- Click the button to create the equivalency.
NOTE: If you are not currently utilizing the Public View feature there is no need to hide all your equivalencies. Only hide the ones that you know you would not want anyone to see. If you later decide to enable the Public View, any equivalency that has been hidden will not show. All the others will display.
The Equivalency Batch Editor is also available to batch hide or batch reveal equivalencies in the Public View. For example, you may want to work on equivalencies with a particular institution, keeping them hidden until you are ready to display them. Create the equivalencies with the “Public View Hide?” checkbox checked, and then use the Equivalency Batch Editor to unhide them all in one step.
1 If your institution also subscribes to Transferology™, hiding this equivalency from the Public View will also mean that it will not display in Transferology.