You may, at times, find that you need to create an equivalency where either the source courses, the target courses, or both need to come from different data sets. For example, perhaps a course sequence starts in one catalog year and the next course doesn't appear until the next catalog year. Or perhaps you are adding a one-off equivalency for a particular student and you wish to mirror their transcript. If, for whatever reason, you need courses from multiple catalogs, TES can accommodate that. In the following example we will select both source and target courses from different data sets.
- First, using the Course Finder select the institution, the first data set, the department, and then the course. Click View to see the course description, and then click the puzzle piece to begin the equivalency.
- Use the data set drop down to switch the data set (catalog year), then select the department and then the course.
- Then, select the appropriate first target course (data set, department, course). Then, select the appropriate second target course (data set, department, course). Continue this process as many times as needed to build the equivalency that you desire.
- Click Preview to view the proposed equivalency.
- Add any desired details.
- Click Create to create the equivalency.
NOTE: If you need to have the proposed multi-edition equivalency evaluated, click the Create Eval Task button rather than the Create (equivalency) button to initiate an evaluation task which can be routed to the appropriate evaluator.