If you need to find a course by a specific title, having a particular accreditation, within a particular state you can use the FIND COURSES BY TITLE, ACCREDITATION AND STATE feature. Let’s say for example that you want to find all the College Algebra courses at schools in Wyoming that are accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission (NCA HLC).
- Type in the Course Title (ex. College Algebra)
- Select the appropriate Accreditation (ex. NCA HLC)
- Select the State (ex. Wyoming)
- Click the SEARCH button
- The SEARCH RESULTS displays a list of any course from any institution that meet this criteria.
- There could be multiple examples for each institution because a match will appear for each dataset in the TES database above the criteria selected. Click the button to review individual course information.
The course details will display:
Make note of the course if you would like to create an equivalency to it. You will need to pull it up using the Course Finder (or the Equivalency Manager – if you have any equivalencies to other courses from the same institution) in order to define the equivalency or create an Evaluation Task.