The Equivalency Manager displays a list of the institutions that you have defined one or more equivalencies with (stored in TES). In the Equivalency Manager you can create, edit, and/or delete equivalencies. Select an institution to view the list of equivalencies you have defined for their courses.
- To open the Equivalency Manager, point to MATCH and click on the Equivalency Manager menu item.
- You can search for a school in your list using the INSTITUTION SEARCH: box.
- You can narrow down the list using the alpha-filter icons across the top of the list.
- You can navigate page by page using the pagination icons.
- Or, you can simply scroll through the list (using the pagination icons to move from page to page).
- Select an institution using the arrow button to the left of the institution name. The list of defined equivalencies will display.
- Once you have selected an institution there are many searches that you can perform on stored equivalencies:
- Click the Search button to search through the equivalencies for that institution.
- Search by Effective Date:
- Select Active for current equivalencies.
- Select Inactive for those equivalencies that have an end date in the past.
- Selecting Both (the default) will display all the defined equivalencies.
- Search by Course Code – enter a course code and then select the appropriate radio button, Transfer Course, Home Course, or Both.
- Select Transfer course to see the equivalencies based on the incoming course.
- Select Equivalent Course to see the equivalencies based on the target/home course.
- Searching for both will find the course code from either the incoming institution or your home institution.
- You can also just search for department abbreviations, just the course number, or even partial information (for example, searching for "ENG" would result in equivalencies to/from ENG courses, ENGL courses, ENGR courses, and courses with any other combination of ENG within the course code displaying in the results.)
- Select how many Records to be displayed Per Page:
- The default option results in 50 records displaying per page.
- You can also select either 25, 100, or 200 records per page.
- Sort List By TRANSFER COURSE (default), HOME COURSE, BEGIN DATE, OR END DATE.
- Use the Reset button to clear out any previous search.
- Any selection can be exported to Excel.
Once you have selected an institution, the Equivalency Manager allows you to VIEW and edit existing equivalencies. You can Add new equivalencies for the selected feeder institution. You can create Transfer Guides, Articulation Agreements, and any other organized list of course equivalencies using the Groups feature (which includes Groups and Group Reports). You can review and clean up duplicate equivalencies using the DE-DUPE tool. Additionally, the Equivalency Manager provides a view that will allow you to see all the source/feeder school’s courses that you do not have equivalencies defined for as yet, particularly if you are interested in proactively adding equivalencies.
All of these tools allow you to maintain and improve your existing equivalencies and add additional equivalencies to improve the transfer relationship(s) your institution wants to foster.
- To re/view the details of the equivalency click the arrow button to the far left of the selected equivalency.
The equivalency view displays the courses that are part of the equivalency, including their descriptions. The Equivalency Detail information includes the effective date range (if applicable), the Public View status (hidden or revealed), and any Public and/or Internal (private) notes for the current equivalency. The “paper trail” of all the history for the equivalency displays at the bottom of the equivalency view. The Creator, Title, E-mail address, and Date, and Time of creation for the equivalency is included in this information. If an equivalency was created using the Evaluation Tracker Workflow, an Evaluation Log would display. If an equivalency was created directly in the Equivalency Manager and/or if an equivalency created in the Evaluation Tracker Workflow has been subsequently edited in the Equivalency Manager, an Equivalency Log displays. Neither of these logs will be displayed in the Public View nor in the Equivalency Finder for a staff member with view-only access. The buttons at the top of this view will allow a user with the Equivalency Manager User Right to edit the Detail, change the equivalent course(s), and/or delete the equivalency. We will look at these features in the next section.