Adding a Group Report
Reports can be used to present Articulation Agreements, Transfer Guides, or anything else you might need document and (potentially) present publicly. If you have formatted the Report to be visible in the Public View, it will display under a GUIDES1 link in the Public View. Once you have built the Groups, you can create the Group Report(s). When you are ready to create a Group Report, click the +Add Report button.
- Click the +Add Report button to add a Report.
- Enter the Header information for the Report:
- Report Title (upper- and lower-case doesn’t matter; the name will appear in all upper-case.)
- Public View Display? Clicking the checkbox will display the Report publicly.
Best practice is to leave this unchecked until the Report is complete (and approved, if you need departmental approval).
- Subheader Text [optional]. Using HTML codes will allow for bolding, underlining, italics, paragraphs, etc.
- Click the Submit button.
- Use the plus symbol button for each Group to add the desired Group(s) to the Report.
Add the groups in the order that you want them to display in the finished report. There is no "move up" or "move down" feature in the Report builder feature. To rearrange selected Groups, you will need to delete and re-add Groups in the desired order.
- As you add the Groups, they will display in the ADDED COURSE GROUPS column.
- To view the Group Report, click the View Group Report button.
- The full Group Report will display with all the selected Groups.
- Reports can be accessed through the Equivalency Manager by staff with the Equivalency Manager user right and may be printed or e-mailed.
Editing a Group Report
If you need to modify Report Header information, add Groups, remove Groups, or otherwise modify an existing Report, you can edit the Report.
- To edit the Report, click the arrow button next to the Report on the Equivalency Groups screen.
- To edit the order of the Groups in a report, you will need to remove them from the list and re-add them in the desired order.
- Removing a Group from the Report will not modify the Group.
- The Group will be removed from the list.
- To re-order all the Groups, you will need to remove them all.
- Add the Groups back to the Report in the desired order.
- If you would like to edit the Report Header (including changing the Public display setting), click the Edit Group Report Header button.
- Make the desired changes in the EDIT GROUP REPORT DETAIL popup.
- Make any desired changes to the Group Report Name.
- Check (or uncheck) the Public View Display? checkbox.
- Make any desired changes to the Subheader Text.
- Click the Submit button to save your changes.
- To view the Report, use the Equivalency Manager, the Equivalency Finder, or the Public View (if you have the Public View deployed).
Deleting a Group Report
You can delete a Group Report from the Equivalency Groups screen if you have the Equivalency Manager user right. This is just one of the reasons that you should be very sure that staff with this user right truly understand the user right. If they delete a Group or a Group Report, it removes it from the entire database (not just their screen). Deleting a Group or a Group Report cannot be undone. The deleted Group or Group Report will need to be rebuilt from scratch if it is accidentally/inadvertently deleted.
- To delete a Group Report, click the X button next to the Report name.
- Answer the prompt.
- The Group Report will be removed.
There is no limit to the number of Groups or Group Reports that you can add to TES. Maintaining your Groups and Group Reports is extremely efficient. Changes to underlying equivalencies are managed in the Equivalency Manager and are automatically reflected in all Groups and Group Reports where they are displayed. There is no need to edit the Groups or Group Reports that include the equivalency. Similarly, edits to Groups are automatically reflected in any/all Group Reports that use those Groups. There is no need to edit Group Reports that include the updated Group.
1 The text of the GUIDES link can be customized by the TES Administrator using the Public View Management feature.