Course Outlines may be migrated from one dataset to another. Click the COURSE OUTLINE MIGRATION link in the upper right hand corner.
The Source Datasets are the datasets that you have courses with Outlines attached; the COUNT is the number of Courses in that dataset with an Outline.
The Destination Datasets are the datasets that you can migrate your courses with attached Outlines to.
Duplicates will automatically be detected and will not be migrated.
- Select the Source Dataset and Destination Dataset and click the button.
If you have Outlines attached to courses that exist in the Source Dataset, but the course is not in the Destination Dataset, those Outlines will not be added to the previous dataset. Just the Outlines that are attached to courses that exist in both catalogs/datasets will be migrated.
Let’s quickly recap. The MATCH menu provides access to the following elements:
- Equivalency Manager (only users with the Equivalency Manager User Right)
- Allows staff to manage equivalencies stored in TES. Create, edit, or delete equivalencies to anycourse in any source dataset (catalog).
- Equivalency Batch Editor (only users with the Equivalency Manager User Right)
- Allows staff to batch edit collections of equivalencies, selected based on particular criteria in the tool. It also provides access to three Health Check Reports to help you maintain your existing equivalencies from the Target Course perspective: Home Course Not Found in Latest Catalog, Home Course Title Change, and Home Course Units Change.
- Equivalency Explorer (only users with the Equivalency Manager User Right)
- Search for new equivalencies by comparing other information in TES from other schools. Add reciprocal equivalencies using the Reciprocal Report. Add equivalencies based on identical course titles using the Course Title Match Report. Add equivalencies based on identical course codes using the Course Code Match Report. Add equivalencies based on course Tags using the Course Tag Audit Report.
- User-Added Courses (only users with the Equivalency Manager User Right)
- User-Added Courses allow you to create pseudo or placeholder courses to define as Targets for courses that you want to accept from another school but that don’t have a direct equivalent in your catalog. You can also use this to assign courses to a Will Not Transfer target course for courses that you evaluate but that you will not award transfer credit.
- Course Tags & Outlines (only users with the TES Administrator User Right)
- Tag courses with attributes that designate that a course satisfies a particular requirement. Add Outlines to courses that anyone else in TES can see.
Next section: The SUPPORT menu items.