1. Add JDBC Driver to classpath
You must have a JDBC driver in the server's classpath in order for the Transferology Connector to connect to the database.
Copy their desired JDBC driver into the /JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib directory.
2. Add Log4j Framework to classpath
JBoss sites do not have to do anything because since Log4j is automatically provided.
3. Configure Data Source
You must configure a JNDI Data Source for your DARwin or u.achieve database. The data source specifies a database and user the Connector will use to access the database. For the specific tables that will be accessed by the Connector, see Required DARS Tables or Required uAchieve Tables depending on your CollegeSource degree audit product.
Keep these points in mind when defining a data source in JBoss:
- JBoss data sources are defined in xml configuration files located in the /JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy directory.
- The xml configuration file name must match this file spec: *-ds.xml
- For example, you could use a file named: ceg4-ds.xml
Example Oracle Data Source
The following shows an example JBoss data source definition for an Oracle database. (NOTE: The jndi-name must be "EDAG_DARS"):
Example JBoss Data Source Definition for Oracle
Example SQL Server Data Source
The following shows an example JBoss data source definition for a SQL Server database using the JTDS driver. (note the jndi-name must be "EDAG_DARS"):
Example JBoss Data Source Definition for SQL Server using the JTDS driver
Example DB2 Data Source
The following shows an example JBoss data source definition for a DB2 database. (note the jndi-name must be "EDAG_DARS"):
Example JBoss Data Source Definition for DB2
Remember: You must always supply the correct values for your database in these elements: <password>, <user-name>, <connection-url> and <driver-class>
4. Deploy Transferology Connector
- Copy cas4.properties to /JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/ directory
- Copy ceg4-ds.xml to /JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/ directory
- Copy ceg4.war to /JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/ directory
- Start JBoss if it isn't already started.
- JBoss will automatically create the /JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/ceg4/ directory structure