If you are installing a newer release, you may need to delete the existing deployment before installing the newer release to avoid problems.
1. Create Datasource
- Go to Services page
- Choose Data Sources
- New Generic Datasource
- The Name value does not matter
- The JNDI Name value MUST BE jdbc/DARS
- Type ORacle
- Driver Choose Thin or DataDirect; no need to use Thin XA
- Defaults are OK regarding global transactions and one phase commit
- Finish db specific parameters and test connection
- MUST choose the correct Weblogic server as the Target
2. Download the latest Weblogic release (e.g., ceg44-weblogic-2.war) from the Downloads page.
The Connector Downloads are still maintained in the Support Center at this time.
- Don't have a Support Center account? Request an account here
3. Uncompress war, add school specific properties, rebuild war
Working Directory /tmp/ceg
- Make sure your current directory is /tmp/ceg when you execute the jar xvf and jar cvf commands below.
- cp ceg44-weblogic-2.war /tmp
- mkdir /tmp/ceg
- cd /tmp/ceg
- jar xvf /tmp/ceg44-weblogic-2.war
Replace WEB-INF/classes/cas4.properties with your existing CEG's cas4.properties; edit as necessary
Weblogic intercepts the logging by the Connector and prevents the creation of the ceg4.log. The default logging in WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties sends logging to stdout and the Weblogic server log.
- cd /tmp/ceg
- jar cvf /tmp/ceg44-deploy.war *
4. Check /tmp/ceg44-deploy.war
jar tvf /tmp/ceg44*war |grep cas4.properties
Output should be similar to the following, the relative path name must be WEB-INF/classes/ and the date/time should coincide with the time of your edit/copy from above:
518 Fri Apr 13 17:00:48 EDT 2012 WEB-INF/classes/cas4.properties
5. Deploy into Weblogic (notes from WebLogic Server Version: 10.3.6.0)
- Upload your files link
- Deployment Archive:
- Choose file
- Install this deployment as an application
- name ceg4
- Servicing all requests