This page provides details for several one-time setup activities which are necessary when a DARwin/u.achieve school joins Transferology. High-level setup activities include the following:
- CollegeSource works with school to define the school's profile, including Lab user accounts, images, and contacts.
- Install Transferology Connector
- Retrieving and Loading Equivalencies into Transferology
- Phase One: Equivalencies for DARwin/u.achieve schools
- Phase Two: Degree Programs for DARwin/u.achieve schools
Two-Phase Go Live
CollegeSource recommends schools go live in Transferology in two phases. In the first phase, the school concentrates on their equivalencies and course matches. In the second phase, they provide degree audits. A school’s equivalencies are the ONLY means for a student to get information from a school and connect with a school. Here are several relevant Transferology statistics regarding equivalency vs. program usage:
- Students have performed over 1 million “Search for Matches” while requesting less than 76,000 degree audits.
- Previously in u.select (Transferology’s predecessor), the ratio between equivalencies and audits for students was 10:1.
- Since Transferology, that ratio has grown to 13.5:1.
- Degree audits are only provided by 33% of the subscribing schools.
Past experience has shown it easier and requires less time for a school to go live, in phase 1, with their equivalencies AND a program list. This approach allows the quickest path for a school to get their equivalencies live in production. In the first phase, the prospective student does not have the ability to apply their courses to a program at the school. However, the student is able to view the school’s match score, details, school profile, program list and program descriptions.
Define School Profile
To define the school's profile, our Transfer Solutions Specialist Shelly Jackson (email@example.com) works with the school to create the necessary Lab user accounts, images, URLs, and contact emails.
Install Transferology Connector
Before a DARwin/u.achieve school's equivalencies can be loaded into Transferology, the Transferology Connector must be successfully installed and configured at the school. See the following pages for further details:
Transferology Connector home page
We understand some schools will install two Transferology Connectors, the first install is into a test environment and eventually a second install into the production environment. Since Transferology requires at least one Transferology Connector, it is an individual school's decision whether to install a single Transferology Connector or two.
Retrieving and Loading Equivalencies into Transferology
Email your Connector's URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Transferology servers must be able to connect to your Transferology Connector in order to retrieve your equivalencies. After your Connector is installed and configured, make sure your school's firewall allows access for the following Transferology servers:
188.8.131.52 - Test 184.108.40.206 - Production
After Transferology is able to successfully communicate with your Connector, your school's equivalencies will be retrieved and loaded into Transferology.
Phase 1 - Equivalencies for DARwin/u.achieve schools
Follow the Phase 1 - Equivalencies for DARwin/u.achieve schools activities.