Notifications () may contain (up to) three possible areas:
The contents of the Notifications page vary from user-to-user. What is displayed is based upon your security permissions. For example, if you do not have access to work with plans or students, then only Roadmap Publication Requests will be displayed.
Since the 22.214.171.124 release, Notifications can be hidden by Administrators so that the Notifications option is completely removed from the menu bar.
When a student adds a new comment, staff will receive an email to notify of a new comment creation. View a count of all new comments created by the user since last login to uAchieve Planner.
Click View to view the comments from the Manage Student Plans page:
Notify of Comments
To determine who to notify that a student has left a comment, uAchieve Planner looks for the following:
Comments marked as private are only viewable to that specific user
Student: sharing a comment with a student only shares with that specific student
Other Advisors: sharing a comment with other advisors allows anyone defined as an advisor to view the comment
Configure email notifications linked to comments to notify recipients that they have a comment in Self-Service to read
Plan Approval Requests
As students are building their plans, they have the option to request that their plan (or specific term) be approved and locked down. When those requests are made, an email is sent to the appropriate person and the request is added to their queue.
Staff may access the list of Plan Approval Requests assigned to them from the Notifications area of the uAchieve Planner. Click the Plan Name to view the student plan from the Plan Builder page:
Notify of Plan Approval
To determine who to notify that a student has requested plan approval, uAchieve Planner looks for the following:
1. A direct advisor-advisee relationship
2. If no advisor-advisee relationship exists, the Planner looks for all users who have permissions to approve a plan who has a domain including the roadmap
3. If #2 does not exist, the Planner looks for all users who have permission to approve plans, with no domain check
4. If #3 does not exist, the Planner notifies users in a group that your school has configured as a backup in case none of the above criteria are met
Once the request has been acted on, whether accepted or denied, the student and any other advisors will be notified via email and the request will be removed from the queue.
Roadmap Publication Requests
When building roadmaps, a Roadmap Builder has the option to send the roadmap for review before publication. When that request is made, an email is sent to the appropriate person and the request has been added to their queue.
Staff may access the list of Roadmap Publication Requests assigned to them from the Notifications area of the uAchieve Planner:
Click the Roadmap Name to view the publication request from the Audit and Roadmap View page:
Notify of Roadmap Publication Requests
To determine who to notify of a Roadmap Publication Request, the Planner looks for the following:
1. Any user who has permission to publish roadmaps within the domain of the specific program being used to build the roadmap
2. If #1 does not exist, the Planner looks for any user(s) who have permission to publish roadmaps, regardless of domain
3. If #2 does not exist, the Planner notifies users in a group that your school has configured as a backup in case none of the above criteria are met
Once the request has been acted upon, whether it be accepted or denied, the Roadmap Builder and any other publishers are notified via email and the request is removed from the queue.