What is a License Key?
A license key (also known as a software key or product key) is a long string of encrypted letters and numbers you must enter in the software installation process to activate a feature. The key ensures that your institution is authorized to use the licensed feature and that use is within copyright restrictions. License keys require activation, which is the process of entering the license key to "turn on" the full set of designated features made available with the key.
The uAchieve 4.5 release is the first release to implement the use of a license key to enable access to a select set of features, which may include:
- a uAchieve application (e.g., Batch)
- an app functionality (e.g., importing transcripts)
- a component
Apply Your License Key
- CollegeSource will provide the license key to your institution via email when it is ready. Your license key is generated specific to your institution; do not share your license key.
- View/retrieve your encrypted license key in the My Profile area of the Support Center
a. Log into the CollegeSource Support Center with your username/password credentials
b. Don't have an account? Go directly to the Request Account form
Alternately, you may also proceed directly to the My Profile URL at https://clients.collegesource.com/myprofile/sec/ClientProfileServlet
c. In the upper left corner of the Support Center, select the My Profile option from the drop-down menu ():
d. The My Profile page will open, displaying such information as your user profile, institution profile, subscription dates, workshop signups, etc.:
i. The Product Information area is populated by Salesforce
e. Select the Institution Profile link to view your product and licensing information; license key details are in the Product Information section
f. The license key is disabled so that you may copy
3. Navigate to the Admin area of Dashboard application
4. Select the License Key option from the menu, then the Enter License Key drop-down
5. Paste the copied license key into the text field:
6. Save changes ()
7. Restart your Dashboard application after saving changes in order to activate the license key
8. Once the license is activated, a product licensing statement is displayed at the bottom of the application page: